Another year you made a promise
Another chance to turn it all around
And do not save this for tomorrow
Embrace the past and you can live for now
This is the New Year – A Great Big World
Another year is upon us again, and that gives me the perfect excuse to play one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite bands.
Last year I decided not to make ‘resolutions’, as I always feel too much pressure behind that word, but instead ‘goals’ to be completed by December 31st. Let’s see what happened to them shall we?
- Keep up with running. – Just didn’t happen at all. Sheer, pure laziness.
- Enter myself in at least one 5k and do it. – So this wasn’t completed in 2015, however me and Rach have already signed up to do the 3 mile Sport Relief run in March. Mission. Accomplished. Almost.
- Use my bike! – I got on it mostly in the summer, but I want to try and push myself more to bike in the Spring/Autumn/Winter as much as I can.
Read as much as possible.
- Write as much as possible. – I always carry notebooks with me, so I’m going to ‘carry’ (see what I did there?!) this goal in to the new year as well.
Start watching at least one new TV show from my TBW list.* Go on a summer holiday.– Turkey with my bestest in May. That was a great week. Travel to at least one European city.– France & Belgium all in one week. Check! Find a new job that I am happy with. Take as many photos as possible.
- Do more for charity and my community. – Well I’m obviously still volunteering with Girl Guiding, but I kind of want to do something more.
- Take up sport again – I’m always playing football in the garden, but I kind of want to start playing tennis again if I can.
We’ve got another 365 days in our midst before I’ll have to review. In that year I will hopefully have completed my Master’s degree, finished 2 work placements, resulting in a full-time job, turned 23 years of age and become an Aunty for the 2nd time!
Here’s to another year of fun and frivolities with family and friends! May you all be blessed with good health and ultimate happiness.
* Breaking Bad. Game of Thrones. Walking Dead. Homeland.
White Collar. House of Cards. Orange is the New Black. Orphan Black. Warehouse 13. The Flash. Agent Carter. Daredevil. Jessica Jones.